What is different about our PFAS solution?Our proprietary PFAS extraction system, the LEEF (Low Energy Evaporative Fractionation) System ®, offers significant economic and sustainability advantages in comparison to other treatment methodologies currently deployed in the market.
- Direct PFAS removal without expensive pre-treatment
- Removal of target compounds to limits of analytical detection
- Below 1% waste stream
- Modularised to treat small and large flow rates (7500gpd – 250,000gpd+)
- Low energy use
- Low operational costs
- No costly consumables required
- No chemicals
- Multiple treatment capacities
- No need for expensive carbon, ion exchange or reverse osmosis processes
- Zero discharge to the environment
- Low to zero disposal costs
- Fully customised and bespoke systems to fit for your exact purpose
PFAS and Mining Development Manager
How does it work?The LEEF System® is a world-first PFAS treatment system designed to extract targeted PFAS contaminants from wastewater using minimal energy, no chemicals, or consumables. It takes advantage of the way that per- and poly- fluoroalkyl substances attach to air bubbles to effectively allow them to be skimmed off and removed. Through this foam fractionation process, the LEEF System® has been shown to remove 100% of targeted PFAS compounds in a short period of time.
The LEEF System® has undergone a significant amount of testing on a wide range of PFAS waste streams and is ideal for targeting PFAS impacted materials with high levels of co-contamination, that rules out conventional removal methods.
The system is a proven technology that works, evidenced by our design, construction and operation of the Shoal Bay Waste Management Facility leachate treatment plant .
Our process working with youOur approach: a focus on sustainability, reducing risk and achieving positive financial, environmental, and social outcomes for our clients.
Our experience: an in-house expert team of engineers and industry leaders with experience in the wastewater and ecological fields.
Our bespoke solutions: we have the expertise to design, build and operate bespoke remediation solutions, coupling traditional wastewater treatment technologies with ecological solutions.
Our low-cost model: our solutions reduce long-term operating costs and we can provide full-service financing model solutions based on treatable volume and short or long-term contracts.
- PFAS analyses, data review, technical recommendations
- Treatment modelling, flowsheet development and costing
- Performance assessment and design review
- Early engagement and project development roles defining key treatment requirements, technologies, and SWOT analysis
- Services/kilolitres treated
- Design and construct
- Design, build, and operate
- Package plant leasing
- Licencing of patented technology
- Operation and maintenance of treatment plants
- Review operation of existing plants for continual improvement opportunities
- Compliance monitoring
- Pilot plant and treatability testing
- Bench-scale treatment demonstration
- Solutions and product development
We recommended a four-stage process to address contamination at your site.
Step 1: Conduct analysis of water/wastewater quality and quantity data
Assists in determining the likely treatment solution configuration, via the contaminants found in the sample and historical data. We can optimise treatment requirements based on the most suitable discharge and reuse location, in many cases reducing the need for complex energy intensive treatment systems. Successful re-use of water on site during construction or remediation activities can provide significant benefits when compared to direct off-site discharge to the environment.
Step 2: Demonstrate treatability of your contaminant sample
Provide proof of treatment, sizing verification and expected efficiency rates to accurately calculate the cost and performance of a full-scale system. Providing proof of performance based on site specific parameters.
Step 3: Submission of proposal for full-scale solution
Provide a robust costing estimate and delivery model and a deployment program, with the ability to tailor financial solutions to suit the client’s needs.
Step 4: Deliver treatment solution
Our experienced engineering and project management team will design, construct, and operate a full-scale solution. Our combined experience enables us to design to the project life you need whether it be short-term construction project or long-term remediation solution.
Our team is fully equipped to work throughout all domestic and international industries experiencing contamination and can assist in the treatment, remediation, and removal of PFAS:
- Groundwater -long-term remediation and construction sites
- Landfill leachate
- Impacted solids - treatment media, sludges, bio-solids, soils)
Firefighting system testing solutions